Week 7 - Streaming Tight Ends
The tight end position is ugly, if you missed out on Hunter Henry this week, don’t worry I have you covered with the top 5 streaming tight ends for week 7. Remember when you’re streaming, it’s touchdown or bust, you’re looking to get 10 points max.
1. Darren Fells, Houston Texans – Indianapolis is currently giving up the third most points to tight ends. Fells has had 5 red zone targets in the six weeks of the season, almost averaging once a week. He would be your number one option if you’re desperate.
2. Jimmy Graham, Green Bay Packers – The Packers have been plagued with injuries and someone needs to step up. Since week 3 in Denver Graham has had an uptake in snaps, targets and even red zone targets. Oakland is currently giving up the 7th most fantasy points to tight ends, so expect Graham to have game.
3. Gerald Everett – His snap count has fluctuated throughout the season. Vegas has the Rams/Falcons game set at a 54.5-point O/U, and the Falcons are currently giving up the 8th most points to tight ends on the season. There are points to be scored here, and Everett is probably hiding on a waiver wire after the Rams dud performance against the 49ers. After week 2 in Cleveland Everett has received 8 targets against the Bucs, 11 against the Seahawks, and 5 against the 49ers.
4. Jared Cook – The greatest part of Jared Cooks usage this season? It has all been in plus match ups for him. He gets the Bears this week, who are currently 11th against the position. In plus match ups he’s received 7, 6 and 6 targets, 0, 1 and 2 red zone targets. Expect him to be a part of the Saints game plan this week and see a decent target share.
5. Noah Fant – Potential breakout game incoming? The Broncos play the Chiefs this week in a chance to keep their win streak going. To do this they’ll need to attack the Chiefs weaknesses to both the run, and to the tight end. It’s a short week for the Broncos, but it’s the perfect time to get Noah Fant fully involved in the offense. Due to the short week, I have Fant as the worst of the streaming options but he’s the last of the best dart throws.
*Honorable Mention* Rhett Ellison – Evan Engram (ankle) is expected to play Sunday against the Cardinals. If Engram however misses the game, Ellison becomes the number 1 streaming option against the Cardinals, because as you probably already know the Cardinals are the worst team against the tight end in the NFL.